Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the Story behind the Choice

 The topic I chose is will other countries surpass (economic, global dominance, military force) the United States in the foreseeable future? I chose it because this is a very interesting topic; America has been declining in recent years. A very realistic future, if America is not careful is that it will become surpassed by countries like Russia, China, Japan, and India very soon.  
Some believe people believe that countries like India will overtake the US by 2050. A CIA report from 2005 predicts that America will lose global dominance in approximately 15 years.  The CIA reports says that America may be still a strong power but weak, and that countries like Brazil, India, Indonesia, China, and Russia will have accelerated in power and force us to play by their rules. I am on a quest to see if America is truly on a decline, and will it lose it’s power and influence on the world.

1 comment:

  1. I believe America will always be a great influence no matter how much it falls. I do believe America is on its way to downfall if not already and it’s probably because we're in debt with China. The farther America falls the more likely I think war will break out. I believe China wants to make everywhere Communist so they will have full control. How soon will they try this is the question though. I highly doubt it'll happen anytime soon and America is one of those countries that fights or dies trying. It's all or nothing. Join or die. I’d be interested in seeing where America stands now.

    ReplyDelete